The Horse Sign in the Horoscope and Chinese Astrology: Dates and Personality
The Horse sign occupies the eighth position in the Chinese Astrology Horoscope. These natives are so cheerful and talkative that they can get a bit irritating. As long as they’re having fun, that’s fine. They don’t get complicated, they don’t create conflicts and they get along well with all kinds of people. Direct, they have a heart of gold and they are very good people.
The Chinese Zodiac is made up of 12 animals that are organized in the following order: Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Goat, Monkey, Rooster, Dog and Pig. The Chinese calendar follows the cycles of the Moon and, on the first day of the Chinese New Year, one of the 12 animals takes its place for that year.
Characteristics of the Horse Sign
- Symbol - 馬
- Element - Fire
- Ruling Planet - Mars
- Hours - 11 am-1pm (hour associated with noon)
- Month - June
- Season - Summer
- Color - Red, the color associated with luck, happiness, strength, business success and family prosperity. It is a popular color in Chinese New Year, when vows are written on red paper, and then posted on doors or gates.
- Orientation - South
- Yin / Yang polarity - Yang , element that suggests extroverted, expansive, enthusiastic, expressive and communicative behaviors
- Attributes - Kind, communicative, generous, carefree, kind, caring, encouraging, sincere, honest, talkative, flashy, excessive, sensitive, impatient, passionate, romantic, frivolous, popular, sociable, awkward
- Lucky Days - 5th and 20th of all Chinese lunar months
- Lucky Months - 4th, 9th and 12th of all Chinese lunar months
- Lucky Numbers - 2, 3, 7 and numbers that contain them (like 23 and 73)
- Bad Luck Numbers - 5th, 7th and 11th Chinese lunar months
- Greater Affinity - Rat, Ox, Tiger, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Goat, Monkey, Pig
- Lower Affinity - Rabbit, Rooster, Dog
- Corresponding Western Sign - Gemini
The Horse Sign in Mythology
There are several legends and stories about the animals chosen to make up the Chinese astrological system. One of these legends refers to the intention of the Jade Emperor to know the animals that inhabited the Earth. He decided that some of them should be brought before him. To facilitate the selection, the Emperor defined two criteria: they would have to be useful animals for Man or be one of the first to arrive at the Celestial Palace on the day of the election of the animals.
The Horse served the Jade Emperor in Heaven and, at that time, had a pair of imposing wings. Arrogant and haughty, he often intimidated other animals because he could fly, swim, and run like no other.
One day, he was asked to deliver a message to the Dragon King of the East Sea. On the way to the palace, the guards blocked their way. Furious, the Horse kicked one of the guards. When the Emperor learned of what had happened, he ordered that the Horse’s wings be clipped and isolated on the mountain.
Two hundred years later, the Horse was surprised on the mountain by an ancestor of Man. The Horse, living in agony, begged him to release him to serve man. Shaken, Man’s predecessor used magic to free him. As thanks, the Horse began to use its strength in the service of Man, collaborating in the heaviest agricultural tasks, transporting goods, serving as a means of transport and fighting in battle. When the Jade Emperor was choosing the animal signs, the Horse was the first that the Humans recommended and the Emperor appointed him, fulfilling his wishes.
Dates of the Horse Sign
The Chinese Zodiac is associated with the way that traditional Chinese culture measures time, that is, in 60-year cycles. This calendar results from the multiplication of the twelve animals and the five elements. This cycle is very important and makes each of the 60 years a special and unique period.
Each animal rotates for a given year in a continuous 12-year cycle that begins with the Rat and ends with the Pig. On the first day of the Chinese New Year, one of the 12 animals takes its place for that year. In addition to defining the people born during that year, the animal also influences the attributes of the year, which affects us all. The years governed by the sign of the Horse are the following:
- January 30, 1930 - February 16, 1931 - Metal Horse
- February 15, 1942 to February 4, 1943 - Water Horse
- February 3, 1954 to January 23, 1955 - Wooden Horse
- January 21, 1966 to February 8, 1967 - Fire Horse
- February 7, 1978 to January 27, 1979 - Earth Horse
- January 27, 1990 to February 14, 1991 - Metal Horse
- February 12, 2002 to January 31, 2003 - Caballo de Agua
- January 31, 2014 to February 18, 2015 - Wooden Horse
- February 17, 2026 to February 5, 2027 - Fire Horse
Native Horse Personality
WORKING AND FRIENDLY
The Horse is the seventh sign of the Chinese Zodiac, associated with relaxation and intuition. People of the sign of the Horse are very independent and brave. He is a sociable companion, welcoming both old friends and new acquaintances.
This native loves news and is always available to learn and have new experiences. However, you can be somewhat impulsive in your actions. As he is discreet and reserved, people tell him a lot of confidences.
Inspired by new ideas and novelties, the native of the Horse sign soon begins to carry out his plans. Sometimes you can run over other ready-made plans and offend other people, but in reality, this is not your true intention.
When a project doesn’t work, you don’t waste a lot of time thinking about it. Rather, he undertakes new projects and puts new ideas into practice. This drive and enthusiasm can be an advantage, as they create many opportunities and possibilities, but it can also lead you to leave your plans in the middle.
Love and Relationships
A happy Horse is one that is in love. They love being in love because, in fact, they are happy and good-natured people. In love, the native of the Horse sign, allows himself to be conquered by strong emotions and is carried away by the illusion of novelty. It may be difficult for you to settle down and dedicate yourself to just one partner, but once you are sure that you are the right person, you invest everything in the relationship.
Lover of freedom, looking for affection, but also a companion for adventures. The native of the Horse sign is delighted with the right words and the smallest displays of affection. Since you take time to prepare before you leave home, your partner must be patient and give you time to properly groom yourself.
- Signs most compatible with Horse - Rat, Ox, Tiger, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Goat, Monkey, Pig
- Signs less compatible with Horse - Rabbit, Rooster, Dog
Horse Sign Compatibilities
The Chinese astrology understood that certain combinations of animals in the zodiac work better than others, and some signs are naturally antagonistic and, therefore, have a discordant relationship.
The compatibility between the animals of the Chinese horoscope takes into account the characteristics of each of the animals. Those whose characteristics match each other well and can, tend to have good compatibility. The opposite is equally valid.
The Horse Sign and the Race
After setting your goals and establishing a plan, you take action. Despite not being the fixed ideas type, he has some difficulty making changes to the path laid out. For some co-workers, this may be interpreted as a lack of flexibility, but for this native, it means staying focused.
He is methodical and organized and prefers to know what he has before having big surprises. Dealing with the unexpected is not something you particularly like. At work he is an independent, cheerful and hardworking person. He does not mind working as a team, as long as his effort is duly recognized.
The Horse attaches little importance to money and social status. What makes you happy at work is the contact and relationships with other people. They never think about tomorrow and rarely do they worry about saving. For this reason, they have a completely separate relationship with material goods and money.
Best Careers : Politics, Sports, Civil Construction, Geographer, Explorer, Actor, Artist, Executive, Publicist, Business Agent, Translator, Language Teacher, Bartender, Tour Operator, Librarian, Pilot.
The Horse Sign and Health
In general, the natives of the Horse sign are very healthy, probably because they maintain a positive attitude towards life. However, excessive responsibility or professional pressure can leave you exhausted and weakened. Therefore, the Horse should not work many overtime hours and leave his work every day after hours.
The Five Types of Horse
In the Chinese Astrological system, each sign of the Zodiac is associated with one of the five elements: Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal and Water. For example, a Wooden Horse appears once in the 60-year cycle. The characteristics of a person’s personality are influenced by various influences, including the sign and element of the year of birth. Thus, there are five types of Horses, each with its own characteristics:
Characterization - Sustainability, Creativity, Growth
Quiet and reserved, this type of horse is a bit naive which can bring some discomfort. This may help explain the frequent change in emotional states, which oscillate between joy and sadness for no apparent reason.
Characterization - Passion, Intelligence, Movement
In the Chinese Horoscope, the Fire Horse enjoys great fame. It occurs only every 60 years and affects all natives.
Characterization - Balance, Reliability, Consolidation
This is a stable, conventional horse that follows a rigid moral framework. Land Horses can be a bit pompous, but they pay attention to detail and are organized.
Characterization - Utility, Strength, Reliability
The native Metal Horse needs constant stimulation. If nothing new happens or if the relationship gets into a rut, it’s a problem. Avid lover of adventure, he collects conquests.
Characterization - Communication, Sensitivity, Intuition
This Horse has a true artistic streak. Communicative and witty, he has a great sense of humor. Despite the charming personality, he can be a bit insensitive.
Chinese Horoscope Signs
- Rat Sign - Smart and Practical
- Ox Sign - Reliable and Premeditated
- Tiger Sign - Daring and Passionate
- Rabbit Sign - Intuitive and Sensitive
- Dragon Sign - Successful and Independent
- Snake Sign - Mysterious and Sophisticated
- Horse Sign - Hardworking and Friendly
- Goat Sign - Sensual and Adaptable
- Monkey Sign - Occurring and Funny
- Rooster Sign - Protector and Honest
- Dog Sign - Loyal and Trustworthy
- Pig Sign - Sensual and Avid
- What Is Your Biggest Insecurity Based On Your Astrology Zodiac Sign?
- Which Zodiac Is Most Humble And Which One Is Most Self-centered?
- Phlegmatic Temperament In Astrology
- Choleric Temperament In Astrology
- Blood Temperament In Astrology
- Melancholic Temperament In Astrology
- The Most Honest Astrology Zodiac Signs
- What It's Like To Date With One Of The Zodiac Boys
- The Sexiest Thing About Each Zodiac Sign
- How To Get Out Of A Toxic Relationship According To Your Sign
- What Is The Purpose Of Each Zodiac Sign In Life?
- How Each Zodiac Sign Manipulates You
- The Drama Of Each Zodiac Sign
- Simple Tips For Each Of The Signs
- Which City Should You Live In Based On Your Zodiac Sign?