The Pig Sign in Chinese Astrology: Dates and Personality
The sign of the Pig occupies the twelfth position in the Chinese Zodiac after the Dog and before the Rat. The Pig has a firm personality, but, at the same time, affectionate. Regardless, his character has something innocent and naive, combined with the enormous desire to know other places, cultures and experiences.
The Chinese Zodiac consists of 12 animals that are organized in the following order: Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Goat, Monkey, Rooster, Dog and Pig. The Chinese calendar follows the cycles of the Moon and, on the first day of the Chinese New Year, one of the 12 animals takes its place for that year.
Characteristics of the Sign of the Pig
- Symbol - 豬
- Element - Water
- Ruling Planet - Mercury
- Hours - 9:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. (late afternoon hours, when the Sun disappears behind the horizon)
- Month - November
- Season - Winter
- Color - Black, a color associated with honor, dignity and success in the face of difficulties
- Orientation - Northeast
- Yin / Yang polarity - Yin , element that tends to express introverted, internalized, deep, intimate and calm behaviors
- Attributes - Diligent, compassionate, sensual, anxious, moralistic, virtuous, calm, honest, affectionate, reserved, innocent, naive, tolerant, dreamy, optimistic, adaptable, flexible, diligent, efficient, serious, responsible, imaginative, romantic, studious, weighted, spending, generous, energetic, independent
- Lucky Days - 17th and 24th of every Chinese lunar month
- Lucky Months - 2nd, 7th, 10th and 11th Chinese lunar months
- Lucky Numbers - 2, 5, 8 and numbers that contain them (like 25 and 58)
- Bad Luck Numbers - 1, 7 and numbers that contain them (like 17 and 71)
- Highest Affinity - Rat, Rabbit, Dragon, Horse, Monkey, Rooster, Dog
- Lesser Affinity - Ox, Tiger, Snake, Goat, Pig
- Corresponding Western Sign - Scorpio
The Sign of the Pig in Mythology
There are several legends and stories about the animals chosen to make up the Chinese astrological system. One of these legends refers to the intention of the Jade Emperor to know the animals that inhabited the Earth. He decided that some of them should be brought before him. To facilitate the selection, the Emperor defined two criteria: they would have to be useful animals for Man or be one of the first to arrive at the Celestial Palace on the day of the election of the animals.
In ancient times, there was a high Chinese dignitary who had no children. At an advanced age, he was concerned about the continuity of his name and who to leave his fortune. Finally, at age 60, she had a son. Grateful, he celebrated his birth and invited seers, who told him that his son would have a promising future.
The boy grew up selfish and spoiled by his parents. When his father passed away and he became the owner of his entire fortune, he sold it cheaply to maintain his opulent lifestyle. When the money ran out, he died in poverty. Upon reaching hell, he complained to the Jade Emperor of his misfortune and the injustice he had suffered in life, considering the way he died.
After asking some questions, the Emperor concluded that, although the man was born in a golden cradle and with all the conditions to prosper, he had wasted his life. He decided to punish him, ordering him to be reborn as a pig that would “feed on straw.” However, the celestial officer misinterpreted the Emperor’s directions and understood that the pig would turn into an animal sign. Thus, man was reborn as a pig and the animal became the last sign of the Chinese Horoscope.
Dates of the Sign of the Pig
The Chinese Zodiac is associated with the way that traditional Chinese culture measures time, that is, in 60-year cycles. This calendar results from the multiplication of the twelve animals and the five elements. This cycle is very important and makes each of the 60 years a special and unique period.
Each animal rotates for a given year in a continuous 12-year cycle that begins with the Rat and ends with the Pig. On the first day of the Chinese New Year, one of the 12 animals takes its place for that year. In addition to defining the people born during that year, the animal also influences the attributes of the year, which affects us all. The years ruled by the Pig are as follows:
- January 22, 1947 to February 9, 1948 - Fire Pig
- February 8, 1959 to January 27, 1960 - Land Pig
- January 27, 1971 - February 14, 1972 - Metal Pig
- February 13, 1983 to February 1, 1984 - Water Pig
- January 31, 1995 to February 18, 1996 - Wood Pig
- February 18, 2007 to February 6, 2008 - Fire Pig
- February 5, 2019 to January 24, 2020 - Land Pig
- January 23, 2031 to February 10, 2032 - Metal Pig
Native Pig Personality
SENSUAL AND ANXIOUS
The Pig is the twelfth sign of the Chinese Zodiac and is associated with honor and dignity. The personality of the native of this sign is honest and loving. Although he has a sociable nature, he only reveals his most intimate feelings to his closest friends. Otherwise, it is difficult to know what is really going on in your heart.
In the most difficult situations, he stays with those who need support, when everyone else disappears. His character is reserved, innocent and somewhat naive. Although he is tolerant, he never stops fighting if he thinks it is worth it.
The personality of the Native of the Pig sign is tolerant and calm and gives freedom of expression to others. He is quite tolerant of opinions that differ from his own and an excellent listener. He is not in the habit of making value judgments and, therefore, he is highly sought after for confidences. He is an optimist, who always expects the best in situations and in people.
Pig Sign Love and Relationships
In love, the native of the Pig sign appreciates freedom, affection and trust. You need to keep your space and give your partner the same freedom. You may feel trapped when your partner demands constant proof of your dedication and tests the authenticity of your feelings.
This native needs to know the person next to him well before committing to a more serious relationship. If you put a lot of trust in other people, you may be fooled. However, he quickly understands what is happening and manages to get up again.
Loving and trusting, he lives his relationships with a strong sense of freedom. He hopes that his trust will be returned to him and that the couple will see it as a positive aspect of the relationship. Your fertile imagination and enthusiasm are your weapons for the amorous conquest, but also the assets to maintain a group of faithful and dedicated friends.
- Signs most compatible with Pig - Rat, Rabbit, Dragon, Horse, Monkey, Rooster, Dog
- Signs less compatible with Pig - Ox, Tiger, Snake, Goat, Pig
Pig Sign Compatibilities
The Chinese astrology understands that certain combinations of animals in the zodiac work better than others, and some signs are naturally antagonistic and, therefore, have a discordant relationship.
The compatibility between the animals of the Chinese horoscope takes into account the characteristics of each of the animals. Those whose characteristics match each other well and which may tend to have a good compatibility. The opposite is also equally valid.
The Sign of the Pig and the Race
As a general rule, the native of this sign is not an ambitious person and values the balance between personal and professional life. As he is not involved in the struggle for power or social prestige, he is a loyal collaborator who does not attack from behind.
You work well in groups, where you can share your ideas and let your imagination run wild. He likes to evaluate the amount of work at hand and break it down into smaller tasks, which he finishes one by one.
The natives of the Sign of the Pig are passionate about knowledge and reading and therefore do well in professions that require study and reflection. Your human characteristics can also guide you toward professions in which you put your talents in the care of others.
Best Careers : Doctor, Nurse, Lawyer, Attorney, Musician, Writer, Scientist, Gardener, Landscape Architect, Teacher, Therapist, Librarian, Social Worker, Ambassador.
The Sign of the Pig and Health
The natives of the Sign of the Pig are in good health. However, as it is a good tooth, you may need to pay more attention to dietary excesses and compensate for the love of socializing around the table with regular physical exercise.
Your resourcefulness can cause you some emotional distress. However, she has within her the strength to turn things around, despite moments of fragility and melancholy.
The Five Kinds of Pigs
In the Chinese Astrological system, each sign of the Zodiac is associated with one of the five elements: Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal and Water. For example, a Wood Pig appears once in the 60-year cycle. The characteristics of a person’s personality are influenced by various influences, including the sign and element of the year of birth. Thus, there are five types of Pigs, each with its own characteristics:
Characterization - Sustainability, Creativity, Growth
Wise and ambitious, this is the most powerful type of Pig of all. It is designed for success and it is difficult for anyone to take advantage of it.
Characterization - Passion, Intelligence, Movement
Brave and adventurous, this type of Pig likes to take controlled risks, but with great consequences.
Characterization - Balance, Reliability, Consolidation
This Pig is homey and cautious, and he likes the security of the predictable.
Characterization - Utility, Strength, Reliability
Occasional and fun, this festive Pig likes to have a great time and always be away from home. Very sociable and friendly, he likes to spend the afternoons around the table full of good food and drink, with friends. You like the good things and the pleasures of life.
Characterization - Communication, Sensitivity, Intuition
This type of native of the Sign of the Pig needs to be forced to get out of bed and go about his life. He has immense personal charm, despite his weakness for addiction and laziness.
Chinese Horoscope Signs
- Rat Sign - Smart and Practical
- Ox Sign - Reliable and Premeditated
- Tiger Sign - Daring and Passionate
- Rabbit Sign - Intuitive and Sensitive
- Dragon Sign - Successful and Independent
- Snake Sign - Mysterious and Sophisticated
- Horse Sign - Hardworking and Friendly
- Goat Sign - Sensual and Adaptable
- Monkey Sign - Occurring and Funny
- Rooster Sign - Protector and Honest
- Dog Sign - Loyal and Trustworthy
- Pig Sign - Sensual and Avid
- What Is Your Biggest Insecurity Based On Your Astrology Zodiac Sign?
- Which Zodiac Is Most Humble And Which One Is Most Self-centered?
- Phlegmatic Temperament In Astrology
- Choleric Temperament In Astrology
- Blood Temperament In Astrology
- Melancholic Temperament In Astrology
- The Most Honest Astrology Zodiac Signs
- What It's Like To Date With One Of The Zodiac Boys
- The Sexiest Thing About Each Zodiac Sign
- How To Get Out Of A Toxic Relationship According To Your Sign
- What Is The Purpose Of Each Zodiac Sign In Life?
- How Each Zodiac Sign Manipulates You
- The Drama Of Each Zodiac Sign
- Simple Tips For Each Of The Signs
- Which City Should You Live In Based On Your Zodiac Sign?