The Tiger Sign in Chinese Astrology: Dates and Personality
The sign of the Tiger ranks third in the Chinese Zodiac. According to Chinese Mythology, the Jade Emperor made him the guardian of the sky for being one of the most powerful and dominant animal signs in the Chinese Horoscope. Sign of the Wood element, he has an optimistic, tenacious personality and few things can really intimidate him.
The Chinese Zodiac is made up of 12 animals that are organized in the following order: Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Goat, Monkey, Rooster, Dog and Pig. The Chinese calendar follows the cycles of the Moon and, on the first day of the Chinese New Year, one of the 12 animals takes its place for that year.
Characteristics of the Tiger Sign
- Symbol - 虎
- Element - Wood
- Ruling Planet - Jupiter
- Hours - 03h-05h (the hours leading up to dawn)
- Month - February
- Season - Spring
- Color - Green, color associated with spring. It is the color of renewal of life, tranquility and relaxation. It is a color associated with good luck and influences, especially if it is associated with red
- Orientation - Northeast
- Yin / Yang - Yang polarity (suggests communicative, extroverted, expansive, enthusiastic, expressive behaviors)
- Attributes - Optimistic, fearless, heroic, positive, enthusiastic, adventurous, unpredictable, generous, courageous, loyal, foolish, inconsequential, romantic, energetic, determined, self-starter, persuasive, instinctive, critical, suspicious, stubborn, self-centered
- Lucky Days - 16th and 27th of any Chinese lunar month
- Lucky Months - 3rd, 7th and 10th Chinese lunar month
- Lucky Numbers - 1, 3, 4 and the numbers that contain them (such as 13 and 43)
- Bad Luck Numbers - 6, 7, 8
- Highest Affinity - Rat, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Horse, Rooster, Dog
- Least Affinity - Ox, Snake, Goat, Monkey, Pig
- Corresponding Western Sign - Aquarius
The Tiger Sign in Mythology
There are several legends and stories about the animals chosen to make up the Chinese astrological system. One of these legends refers to the intention of the Jade Emperor to know the animals that inhabited the Earth. He decided that some of them should be brought before him. To facilitate the selection, the Emperor defined two criteria: they would have to be useful animals for Man or be one of the first to arrive at the Celestial Palace on the day of the election of the animals. The brave air of the Tiger earned him third place in the Chinese Horoscope.
Dates of the Tiger Sign
The Chinese Zodiac is associated with the way that traditional Chinese culture measures time, that is, in 60-year cycles. This calendar results from the multiplication of the twelve animals and the five elements. This cycle is very important and makes each of the 60 years a special and unique period.
Each animal rotates for a given year in a continuous 12-year cycle that begins with the Rat and ends with the Pig. On the first day of the Chinese New Year, one of the 12 animals takes its place for that year. In addition to defining the people born during that year, the animal also influences the attributes of the year, which affects us all. The years governed by the sign of the Tiger are the following:
- January 31, 1938 to February 18, 1939 - Tigre de Tierra
- February 17, 1950 to February 5, 1951 - Metal Tiger
- February 5, 1962 to January 24, 1963 - Water Tiger
- January 23, 1974 to February 10, 1975 - Wood Tiger
- February 9, 1986 to January 28, 1987 - Fire Tiger
- January 28, 1998 to February 15, 1999 - Tigre de Tierra
- February 14, 2010 to February 2, 2011 - Metal Tiger
- February 1, 2022 to January 21, 2023 - Water Tiger
Native Tiger Personality
BOLD AND PASSIONATE
The Tiger is the third sign of the Chinese Zodiac and is associated with qualities such as relaxation and intuition. It is about a personality who lives to be dazzled by new challenges, exotic places and unusual events.
His positive attitude and his enthusiasm for life make him a happy company, which manages to infect others with his optimism. Determined, he doesn’t like to lose or be seen to fail. When things do not go the way you would like, the most likely thing is that you start everything, in a new project.
Confident, fearless and adventurous, he is not afraid to launch himself into new projects. Being told that something new and exciting is not enough for him; it has to be a truly unique and first-hand experience. Charming and persuasive, the native of the Tiger sign trusts his intuition and manages to convince anyone to follow him, however reckless the project may be.
His nature is generous, courageous, and exciting. He is very loyal to his friends, but when he is unable to achieve what he wants, he can become stubborn and self-centered.
Love and Relationships
Tigers fall in love easily, but find it difficult to stay true. In love, they seek the same inspiration that they seek in life, and therefore it is not uncommon to see them jumping from relationship to relationship. The native of the Tiger sign is especially excited by the promises of adventure and excitement that a new relationship brings. He cannot resist boredom and routine, reasons enough that lead him to seek a new passion.
He’s attracted to independent personalities, but doesn’t shy away from pursuing his solo dreams and adventures. Share your feelings fearlessly and be very honest about your emotions. Despite enjoying the company, he does not need anyone to launch himself into the world. Your strength and independent spirit do not mean, however, that you do not need emotional support. Find a partner who will bring you some stability, but who has their own plans and dreams.
- Signs most compatible with the Tiger - Rat, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Horse, Rooster, Dog
- Signs less compatible with the Tiger - Ox, Snake, Goat, Monkey, Pig
Tiger Sign Compatibilities
The Chinese astrology understood that certain combinations of animals in the zodiac work better than others, and some signs are naturally antagonistic and, therefore, have a discordant relationship.
The compatibility between the animals of the Chinese horoscope takes into account the characteristics of each of the animals. Those whose characteristics match each other well and can, tend to have good compatibility. The opposite is equally valid.
The Tiger Sign and the Race
In Chinese culture, the Tiger represents the “king of animals.” Optimism, determination and sense of initiative are the strengths of the natives of this sign. Tigers are born to be the center of attention, they have leadership skills and are highly respected. They are able to see the potential of projects and get to work with great commitment and focus on objectives.
They prefer to tackle tasks point by point, not limited to big plans. This practicality gives them great versatility. On the other hand, since they are not intimidated by difficulties, they always seem to have a solution to overcome obstacles. What attracts them in the business world are challenges and quality, not profit.
Best Careers : Publicist, Office Manager, Travel Agent, Actor, Writer, Artist, Food Critic, Pilot, Army Officer, Athlete, Flight Attendant, Police Officer, Politician, Restaurateur, Explorer, Business Manager, Graphic Designer, Musician , comedian, conductor.
The Tiger Sign and Health
In general, tigers are in good health. They can rarely be affected by minor illnesses such as colds, coughs, and fever. They are active people, with a taste for physical exercise and passionate about different types of sports.
While they work hard, they need quality time to recover. However, when they are really excited, they find it difficult to stop. They need to be encouraged to take time to rest.
In addition to dietary concerns, natives of the Tiger sign need to maintain some physical activity. If regular visits to the gym are not possible, a treadmill at home or a walk at the end of the day are equally valid options.
The Five Types of Tiger
In the Chinese Astrological system, each sign of the Zodiac is associated with one of the five elements: Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal and Water. For example, a Wood Tiger appears once in the 60-year cycle. The characteristics of a person’s personality are influenced by various influences, including the sign and the element of the year of birth. Thus, there are five types of Tigers, each with its own characteristics:
Characterization - Sustainability, Creativity, Growth
The Wood Tiger always seems happy and satisfied with his relationships and with life in general. However, this attitude can only be a cover to hide your insecurities. It is the type of Tiger that can suffer the most from depression.
Characterization - Passion, Intelligence, Movement
This is the most typical and fierce of all Tigers. Optimistic and independent, but with little self-control, can become rushed and fickle.
Characterization - Balance, Reliability, Consolidation
This type of tiger is a lover of beauty and the good things in life. Adventurous and realistic, he has a tendency to excesses, especially gastronomic ones.
Characterization - Utility, Strength, Reliability
This Tiger does not shy away from sharing his ideas and thoughts in the most honest way possible. For some natives, this frontality may seem rude. But this Tiger only knows how to be practical and direct. For him, the word “diplomacy” does not exist.
Characterization - Communication, Sensitivity, Intuition
This type of Tiger is distinguished by its high sense of morality and responsibility. You have a strong sense of self-worth and a superior learning ability. Honest and fair, it can be a bit “pompous”. It is the calmest of all the types of the Tiger sign.
Chinese Horoscope Signs
- Rat Sign - Smart and Practical
- Ox Sign - Reliable and Premeditated
- Tiger Sign - Daring and Passionate
- Rabbit Sign - Intuitive and Sensitive
- Dragon Sign - Successful and Independent
- Snake Sign - Mysterious and Sophisticated
- Horse Sign - Hardworking and Friendly
- Goat Sign - Sensual and Adaptable
- Monkey Sign - Occurring and Funny
- Rooster Sign - Protector and Honest
- Dog Sign - Loyal and Trustworthy
- Pig Sign - Sensual and Avid
- What Is Your Biggest Insecurity Based On Your Astrology Zodiac Sign?
- Which Zodiac Is Most Humble And Which One Is Most Self-centered?
- Phlegmatic Temperament In Astrology
- Choleric Temperament In Astrology
- Blood Temperament In Astrology
- Melancholic Temperament In Astrology
- The Most Honest Astrology Zodiac Signs
- What It's Like To Date With One Of The Zodiac Boys
- The Sexiest Thing About Each Zodiac Sign
- How To Get Out Of A Toxic Relationship According To Your Sign
- What Is The Purpose Of Each Zodiac Sign In Life?
- How Each Zodiac Sign Manipulates You
- The Drama Of Each Zodiac Sign
- Simple Tips For Each Of The Signs
- Which City Should You Live In Based On Your Zodiac Sign?